Cola Chicken Wings & Drummettes Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings & drummettes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 scallions, chopped
- A few pinches of freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the chicken wings in a large bowl and pour half of the soy sauce on top.
2. Flip wings so they are well-coated and allow them to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature.
3. Heat a wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken wings until they are golden brown on each side but not cooked through, about 3 minutes each side.
4. Pour in the other half of the soy sauce, the sherry, and the Coke and bring the liquid to a simmer. Simmer the wings uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, until the liquid is reduced to a glaze.
5.Season the chicken with black pepper. Transfer the chicken to a plate, garnish with scallions, and serve.