Deep Fried Fish with Ginger ingredients:
- handful of sliced ginger into strips
- 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoon of chopped onion or shallot
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- black pepper and dash of salt
- mix 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch with some cold water
- 1 Whole fried fish (Any fish)
Cook the onion, ginger & garlic for a minute. Add soy sauce, water, salt, sugar, hoisin & black pepper together and cook for about 1 or 2 min then add cornstarch mixture. Turn off. Top your fish.
Hint: If you want a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch and if you want it thinner, add more water. Do not cook the sauce for a long period of time after adding the cornstarch. If you like, you can also top it with chopped green onions and cilantro.
This makes for 1 fish. Double or increase depending on how many fish you cook.