Drunken Noodle ingredients:
- Fish sauce – 1-2 table spoon
- Superior dark soy – 1 table spoon for the veggies, and one to darken the noodles.
- oyster sauce – 2-3 table spoon
- rice vinegar or any vinegar of your choice – 1 table
- sugar – 3-4 table spoon
- ground pepper flakes
- peanut oil
Artificial crab meat (8 pieces)
8- 10 pieces of raw Shrimp
1/2 Chicken breast
Thai basil or holy basil
Bell peppers ( cut it to square shape) ( I only use about 4 small slices of
Chinese broccoli- 2 stalk
Onion (cut it to square shaped)
carrot – thinly sliced 8-10 pieces
Green onion to garnish
Soak your thin wide noodles in cold water. Do NOT boil!!!!
Soak them for at least 5 hrs until soft and drained.
once you drain them, add 1 table spoon of oil and mix them.
This step will help with the cooking. It will help prevent the
noodles from sticking to the wok.
Pre-cook your meat.
I use thinly sliced chicken breast and shrimp.
I pre boil them first. ( both chicken and shrimp NOT the artificial crab meat)
Once cook, i set them aside and drained.
Step 3: prepare your veggies
For the veggies i use:
Green, orange, and red bell peppers.
thin slice carrots
onion cut into cube size. ( approx 8-12 piece)
Once you have your veggies all cut up. Mix them together
and set aside.
In a separate pot, boil some water with chicken stock.
I usually add in a few slice of onion, and star anise for flavoring of the stock.
You’ll use this stock to moisten the noodles once you stir fry the noodles.
Step 4. Heat the wok.
Make sure your wok is smoking hot. Do not use pots and pans.
This will not work.
This step is very important.
If its not hot, you won’t get that smoky/ restaurant taste
Mix all the veggies, chicken, shrimp, and artificial crab meat to one plate.
Once your wok is hot, add in oil.
You should see the smoke coming from oil.
Stir fry all veggie and meat together and add 1 table spoon of superior dark soy
for the color.
Stir fry is LESS than 20 seconds.
This is to get the smoky flavor and just to char a little of the veggies and meat.
You should get a nice aroma with this mix.
Set the veggies/meat aside.
Wipe your wok with a cloth and water.
Never use soap.
With the same wok, reheat until wok is smoking hot.
THEN Add your oil. I use peanut oil. It heats up faster.
Add in your noodles. Do not use all the noodles at once.
Stir 1 hand full at a time.
You should get a smoky aroma at this time.
1. Add your superior dark soy to darken the noodle.
2. Add your fish sauce.
3. Add your 3 table spoon of sugar.
4. Add your vinegar
6. Add in your stock to moisten the noodles. I usually add about 1/4 of a cup.
7. continue to stir until your noodles are soft. You may add a little more fish sauce to our taste.
8. Now that the noodles are soft Add in your veggies now.
9. Move all noodles and veggies to the side. crack 2 eggs and scrabble.
10. Once the eggs are about done, mix everything together.
1. Now add in the thai basil or holy basil.
2. Add your Oyster sauce at the end.
3. Mix throughly.
1. Top it with – bean sprout, green onion, ground pepper flakes.
Optional: crush peanuts.
Reasons why you might not get a good taste or common error:
1. Wok is not hot enough.
2. Add oil BEFORE the wok is hot, and not AFTER