Fried Bread Stick Recipe
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 table spoon of sugar(optional)
- 1 table spoon salt
- 2 table spoon of baking powder
- 1 table spoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3 table spoon of veggie oil
1. Mix baking powder, soda and oil into water and set aside.
2. Mix flour, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
3. Pour water mixture into the dry mix and mix well and start kneading for 2-3 minutes. At this step in kneading, the dough will not be smooth yet. (Note your hands will be sticky, but just keep kneading for the entire 2-3 minutes till it comes together in a ball and will be less sticky by then).
4. Cover the bowl and set aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
5. After the 1 hour is up, knead a second time for about 5-10 minutes until smooth.
6. Place the smooth dough ball in a plastic bag and tie it up so won’t dry out.
7. Then leave in the fridge over night.
8. Take it out of the fridge 45 mins-1 hour before cooking to let it come back to room temperature.
For how to proceed after taking out the dough ball after letting it rest, watch this video from YouTube