Fungus Mushroom Salad ingredients:
- 1-2 boxes of white fungus(these comes in a box – see below)
- 3 cure pork sausage
- 1 meatloaf
- 2 cups of no head shrimps
- 1 red onion
- 1 lime or lemon
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro
- 2 stalks of green onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 package of tamarind soup base (see photo below)
- 1 cup of laab powder (see photo below)
Directions to cook the white fungus:
1. Fill a big pot with water half way and bring to broil then add in the white fungus. Cook until you can see the white fungus expand. Probably 40 minutes.
2. Remove pot and rinse fungus in cold water multiple times.
3. Use a scissor to cut the upper layer of the white fungus into a large bowl strainer to remove access water. Toss away the yellowish middle part.
4. Rinse fungus two more time then cut it into smaller pieces and put it in a big bowl. Set aside.
5. Boil shrimp and pork meatloaf until cook (approximately 20 minutes). Slice meatloaf into desired size. Shrimp can be sliced in halfs depending on preference.
6. Add the meatloaf and shrimps to fungus. Chop all the vegetables (cilantros, green onions, red onion, cucumbers) and add to the white fungus and meats.
7. Slice the lemon or lime in half, squeeze it into the mixture.
8. Add the tamarind soup base and laab powder. The tamarind soup base is very sour and the laab powder is very spicy so you can adjust the measurements to your likings.
9. Stir and serve.