8 to 10 boiled eggs- peeled and wiped dry
1/2 cup tamarind pulp warm water
3/4 cup palm sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp soy sauce
5 shallots- finely sliced
5 dried red chili
some fresh coriander leaves- chopped
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat oil in the deep fryer or medium sauce pan over the medium heat and deep fry the eggs, check the eggs frequently until golden brown.
2. Remove eggs from the oil and keep aside.
3. Soak tamarind pulp in warm water for 5 minutes then strain tamarind juice through the fine sift.
4. Bring tamarind juice to boil in the pan with palm sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce.
5. Cook further until the syrup becomes thick sit aside.
6. In another pan, fry whole dried red chili and sliced shallot until golden brown.
7. Mix fried chili and shallot into tamarind sauce.
Credit: MaivKu Va