It is a 2 steps process.
1) Soy Bean to Soy Milk
2) Soy Milk to Tofu.
Instructions to step 1: Soy Bean to Soy Milk
1. Soak Soy Beans in lukewarm water overnight. The sizes double to triple the next morning.
2. Use 1 to 3 ratio that is 1 cup Soy Bean to 3 Cup of water and blend in Vitamix until completely liquefied.
3. Drain with cheesecloth to separate the liquid from the solid.
4. Repeat until Soy Beans are gone. The liquid can now be used to make Soy milk or Tofu.
5. To make Soy milk heat up in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Add as sugar to your prefernce. Make sure to cook it for at least half an hour or you will taste the fresh raw smell of the soy beans.
Instructions to step 2: Soy Milk to Tofu
1. The same process as making soy milk but except to bring it to a boil then turn of the heat and let it rest for 5 mins. If you want firm Tofu use lime juice. For softer Tofu use vinegar in combination to lime juice. The ratio is 4:1 cups. 4 lime juice or vinegar and 1 water. Make sure to combine and mix together.
2. Add half to the pot and stir in one circular direction for couple minutes then stop and stir counter direction for a couple of times until the mixture comes to a standstill.
3. Add the rest and stir in a figure 8 and you should be seeing the soy clump together like in the picture. Lime juice will have a thicker clump while vinegar has finer sandy clump.
4. Wait for 10-15 minutes before pouring into a container. My preference is in a bowl with holes so that the water can escape once pressure is applied and a cheesecloth to capture the tofu. Make sure to get a big enough cheesecloth so that you can fold over once you get to the desire thickness you you want.
5. Squeeze out excess water.
6. Let it sit there for 25-30 mins before removing the Tofu and placing it directly into icy cold water to keep the firmness.
7. To fry the Tofu, remove and tap dry with a paper towel and cut it up into your desire shapes and fry it.
It is important to remember to not to let the soy milk over boil. You just need to heat it to a boil then turn off the heat. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding the lime juice or vinegar if you overheat it’s not going to turn out right.