Dried Thai Chilies
Padek Fish Sauce
Regular Fish Sauce
Pork jerky floss
1. Add a good amount of oil and bring to boil. Then deep fry garlic, shallots, kaffir lime leaves and galanga until crispy. Separate and drain each individually.
2. Lightly fry the whole dried chili pods in the same oil from step 1 on low heat until it starts to change color, but not black.
3. In a mortar or grinder/food processor, pound or grind a separate batch of chilies until fine (if you don’t want the pepper to be too spicy, you may want to consider removing the seeds).
4. Remove chilies into a bowl and combine it with the used oil that you used in step 1. Mix it well.
5. In a separate bowl, add chilies, fried garlic, shallots, kaffir lime leaves and galanga from steps 1- 2. Mix or pound it until fine (you can add pork skin if you prefer).
6. Mix everything together and you have yourself a Jeow Bong Dip