Pancit Bihon Recipe – Filipino Noodle Dish Recipe
This is a very easy recipe and will please even the most picky eater!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water with 1 cube Maggi chicken bullion)
- 2 8 oz packages of Excellence brand Pancit noodles (available at most Asian grocers)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper (cut on the bias into bite sized pieces)
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, sliced on bias
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts cut into bit sized pieces
- 3-4 Chinese sausage links sliced on bias
- Remove the noodles and place them into a large bowl. Submerge the noodles in warm water and let soak until hydrated.
- Sweat the garlic, onion and ginger in a deep pan (preferably a wok). Once the onions are translucent and the garlic and ginger are brown, add the cut chicken breast. Sautee for a few minutes until the chicken has a bit of color.
- Add the soy sauce, chicken broth, carrots and bell peppers. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add the Chinese sausage, cabbage and black pepper, cook for a few more minutes, then remove from heat. Take half of the ingredients and set aside.
- Add the noodles to the pan and place on medium low heat until the noodles absorb the sauce and are tender.
- Serve the noodles with a squeeze of lemon juice and a bit of fish sauce. Garnish with extra topping that were set aside, and a bit of green onion. Enjoy!