1 lb ground pork
2 packed of vermicelli (bean thread)
1/4 cup dried black mushrooms
1 small scallion
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp chicken flavor powder
1/4 cup skim milk
1. Soak bean thread noodles and black mushrooms in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain noodles and fungus and set aside in separate bowls.
2. Chop noodles, fungus, scallions into small pieces. In a large bowl, add pork, noodles, black mushrooms, scallions and all seasonings. Add 5 whole eggs. For the remaining 2 eggs, separate yolks and set aside in a different bowl. Add egg whites to meat mixture. Combine the meat mixture along with the ingredients well.
3. Place the meat mixture in a large bowl and steam it for 45 minutes or when cooked. To test, insert a toothpick into the center of the meatloaf. It should come out clean. If the toothpick is wet, steam for another 5 minutes and repeat the process.
4. Turn off the stove, uncover the steamer. Take yolks set aside earlier and using a small brush, coat the top of the meatloaf with the egg yolks. Let it sit there for 5 minutes with the cover open. If you cover the pot, it will cause the egg yolk topping to turn white.
5. Enjoy it hot or room temperature.