Sweet Pork ingredients:
- 4 cups pork belly, sliced
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3-5 pieces of star anise
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed tight
- water, lots of it
- 1 tbsp oil
- additional soy sauce for browning eggs
1. Marinate the pork belly in soy sauce and oyster sauce. Set aside.
2. Boil the eggs. Then remove the eggshell when done.
3. In a large pot, add oil. Add the garlic and ginger. Stir until brown. Add the brown sugar. When the sugar is melted, add the pork belly marinade including juices and all.
4. Stir for a few minutes until the pork gets slightly white. Then add 4 cups water or more until the pork is all covered.
5. Cook for 1 hour or more. For more tender pork, keep adding water and cook 2 hrs or longer. You can add the star anise at any time.
6. The water will evaporate. When it reaches the thickness you like, remove from heat and serve.
Remember, you can always adjust the taste by adding water, increasing or decreasing the amount of sugar or soy sauce