Tamarind Sauce Over Rice Noodle Recipe
- 1/2 cup of palm sugar
- 1/3 cup of fish sauce
- 1/2 cup of tamarind paste/juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 servings of rice noodles(boil)
- 2-3 thai shallot, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp red chili flake
- 3 Napa cabbage leaf slices thinly
- Some thin shred red cabbage
- Cilantro and green onion(optional)
1. Heat 2 cloves minced garlic, shallots, tamarind paste, palm sugar, and fish sauce in a saucepan over med-low heat.
2. Stir until sugar completely dissolved.Let it simmer until sauce medium thickens.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Boil 2 cup rice noodle (khao poon noodle) until soft
5. Rise noodle under cold water and set aside to let water drain out.
6. In a large bowl put rice noodlse add tamarind sauce.
7. Taste noodle to see enough sauce then add vegetables, peanut, pepper and pepper flakes.
Credit: Thanks MaivKu Va for the recipe.