Thai Coconut Pudding Recipe ‘Khanom Krok’
- 3 14-oz. cans coconut milk, or 1 3/4 cups coconut cream with 3 1/2 cups lighter coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 3 Tbs. uncooked white rice
- 1/3 cup finely shredded fresh coconut, or 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp peanut or corn oil
Optional Filling Ingredients
- 1/4 cup green onions, cut in thin rounds
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
1. Take a cast iron pan and smear the interior cups with a little peanut oil or PAM
2. Pour the batter gradually onto two-third the height of the cups.
3. Cover the pan with a rounded lid and kept it on flame until the pancakes turn golden in color.
4. Gently remove the pancakes with a rounded spoon and re-grease the pan before making the next batch.