500 g rice flour
1 bowl (1 00 g) tapioca flour
7 g instant yeast (1tsp + 3/4 tsp)
400 ml coconut milk
300 g sugar
450 ml warm water
1) In a saucepan, dissolve sugar and coconut milk on medium heat. One dissolved, let cool to room temperature.
2) Mix rice flour, tapioca flour and yeast in a mixing bowl. Add in warm water and knead well for 10 minutes (very soft dough).
3) Mix the batter with the mixture of sugar and coconut milk until everything has dissolved.
4) Let sit for at least 1 1/2 hours until batter rises and many bubbles appear.
5) Bring water in the steamer to boil.
6) Grease the moulds. Cover the lid to warm up the moulds for a few minutes.
7) Pour the batter into the cups till full. Steam for 10 – 15 minutes.
8) Remove the cakes from the moulds. These cakes should have a slight chewy and honeycomb like texture with distinctive “fermented” taste.
The pink and green food colorings can be added if wanted. Just divide your mixture and then add colors as desired.